Well, friends. Here we go!
I always knew I wanted a blog on this site (especially after years of documenting family memories through a personal blog) and yet I've been totally scared to actually hit publish.
Story of my life, right? Or so it seems lately.
But, here I am. Publishing my first official post on my own website. A website that I never could have imagined in my wildest dreams one year ago.
I'll save more details and my story for another day, but here are a few quick things that you should know about me.
- I'm an introvert by nature, but I totally love people.
- I'm a hugger. I grew up in a hugging family and just love giving great hugs to everyone I meet (that is, of course, usually after I get to know you because, you know, introvert tendencies and all).
- I love pretty things. I mean, who doesn't right? But I really do and I'm done apologizing for it.
- Lazy mornings spent in pjs with a great cup of coffee and the sun shining in through my living room window is basically my favorite thing ever.
- I'm left-handed, just like my dad. And truth be told, it's one of my favorite things I inherited from him.
- On that note, I'm a total daddy's girl. My mom is absolutely my best friend, but there absolutely is something to be said about a dad and his daughter.
- My aunt is my role model and hero. She's no longer with us, but still inspires me every single day to grow in my faith and live a love-filled, joyful life.
- "The Holiday" is my favorite movie ever. Like hands down, not even a competition, ever. And the music? Well, that is the BEST part. It's what made me fall in love with the movie and I listen to the soundtrack year round (it's especially great music to work to!).
- My husband, John, and I are high school sweethearts. I call it disgusting-cute because it totally is. We're totally the couple that does nearly everything together (errands included!) and I just love it. He balances me out in the best ways and I love him for it.
- My kids are my world and I love them more than I ever thought possible. Loving them is like watching my heart beat outside of my body, every single second of every single day. Being their mama is undoubtedly the hardest and best job I've ever had.
- I love to write. Love, love, love to write. And sometimes I get long winded and overshare with my words. Like with this post. Oops.
So there you have it. My first blog. A BLOG! I have yet to truly define what this space will hold, but I envision it being a space for lots of love + encouraging words, for sharing my story + learning yours, and for helping embody what letters with heart really means to me. Stay tuned, friends!